Friday, September 5, 2008

akron in the Fall

i went to cf for the first time this year last night, and while i knew it was coming, it was the first time it really hit me: my version of akron is different now.

i've been through changes before: i both moved to grove and moved back from grove. and i remember when i left grove to come back here, there was that terrible feeling hiding amogst my faith, that no matter what, i couldn't have all of the same things in my life anymore. there were some things (people) that i would have to move on from. things i loved.

and it hit me last night: akron is going to be different. this year is going to be different.



i had faith when i left grove that it was for a purpose ("akron OH - for a purpose", as my good friend Jon would have said, as he made the same change from grove that i did). and it was, and i love akron, and things are good.

but i feel like i have yet again come to the place where most of my best friends and people i admire the most are no longer by my side. but i can easily cling to my hope this time, because the last time i did this, God made things better than i even imagined.

i think that change is going to drive me back to my introverted self again for a while. so you might be able to read more of my life here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to see the same thematic trend in every conversation, every blog I've read, and every e-mail I've seeen and sent... And as much as I feel so "alone" in what I am going through and what the transition in the next three months will look like, I know that I am not. It is evident. You are in the same city and are going through it. Joe is on the East Coast and is dealing with it. And I am over in Macedonia. But, I am excited about getting to be a part of "akron in the Winter."

aswanson1998 said...

hi-
i miss you.
what does your schedule look like?
i would love to spend some time with you.
love you-
jen